Kenyan-German Postgraduate Training Programme
The programme aims at training young academics and scientists employed at public universities and research institutes (at least part-time) at PhD level.
Who can apply?
Excellently-qualified young academics and scientists who have completed a Master's degree not more than 6 years ago by the time of application.
What is supported?
Doctoral programmes at a state or state-recognised institution of higher education or a non-university research institute in Germany:
• Individual projects under the supervision of a university teacher or academic adviser
• participation in a structured doctoral study programme
Duration of funding: up to 3.5 years
• A monthly co-financed allowance of 1.000 euros
• Health, liability and casualty insurance will be paid.
• An appropriate flat-rate travel allowance will be reimbursed after the applicant’s arrival in Germany. So please observe that the travel expenses have to financed in advance.
• During the complete funding time a maximum of 2 field research phases in your home country (of altogether 12 months) is possible. During the field research phases the funding will be paid for a maximum of 3 months (this rule is being applied for the complete funding time, not per year). As of the fourth month of a field research phase no more funding will be paid.
• This programme does not pay any research funding (assumption of the costs must be added to the application).
• Preparatory language courses in Nairobi and in Germany
for further information, click here