DAAD sees the end of the scholarship or support as the beginning of a long-standing active relationship with its former scholarship holders. Our alumni work aims to:
- Continue contacts among alumni themselves and DAAD.
- Continue contacts with the alumni and their German host universities
- Maintain professional, academic and personal ties with Germany by providing a regular information service.
- Contribute to deepening and extending academic exchange between the alumni's home country and the host country, thereby making a positive contribution to the internationalisation of higher education
- Use the experience, knowledge and insights gained by alumni during their study and research stays in Germany to benefit the current generation of scholarship holders and others interested in studying in Germany in the future.
As a result various follow-up measures are available to DAAD alumni upon completion of their scholarship period. Please have a look at the various follow-up measures available.