DIES International Deans' Course Africa 2017/2018
The aim of this course is to bring together a group of about 30 newly elected or designated deans and vice-deans from universities of the African region and to assist in preparing them for the challenges of holding a dean’s position in a changing higher education landscape.
Application deadline: October 31, 2016 via email. More info here
UNILEAD (University Leadership and Management Training Programme)
This training programme is meant to enable young management-level professionals at higher education institutions in developing countries to successfully tackle every-day challenges.
Application deadline: October 26, 2016 via http://c3l.uni-oldenburg.de/unilead_2017.html
More info here
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR DOCTORAL DEGREES IN GERMANY!
Among the main requirements is a well developed research proposal (between 10 to 15 pages). In addition, the applicant needs to find a supervisor in Germany or get admission into a structured PhD programme.
For further information, check this link on our website, visit us during our visiting hours on Wednesdays and Thursdays between 9 am and 12 noon, or contact the programme officer via email
The deadline for the online application procedure is October 31 throughout the East Africa region.
We are looking forward to promising applications!
NEW! NEW! NEW! - Call For Applications
20 PhD scholarships in Germany available for academic staff members of public and private universities in Rwanda
The Rwandan Ministry of Education (MINEDUC) and The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) are proud to announce a co-financed Rwandan-German Postgraduate Training Program. The objective of the program is to award joint scholarships for training of scientific personnel of Rwandan universities in doctoral programs in Germany.
The scholarships are open to Rwandan nationals who are teaching staff members in public and private universities in Rwanda. The offer contains a full scholarship for a 3-year PhD (program) at a German university. Part of the scholarship is a 4-6 months German language course. The scholarships are open to all fields of study, however the following priority fields are encouraged: Agriculture; Natural Resources; Health, Engineering, Infrastructure, Information and Communication Technology ICT; and Education.
The key application document is a scientifically sound research proposal (10-15 pages). Other documents to be submitted are:
- Application form (provided by MINEDUC)
- CV in Europass format (https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae
- Copies of Master and Bachelor certificates including all transcripts, whereby the master’s degree has to be equivalent to a B+ grade or above (or equivalent); no more than six years should have elapsed since obtaining the master or an equivalent when applying
- TOEFL test (not less than 87 points) or IELTS (not less than 6.5 points);
- 1-page abstract of the research proposal including a detailed timetable for the 3-year scholarship period
- Confirmation of supervision by a German professor OR an admission letter to a PhD programme
- Two academic reference letters from university professors (forms provided by MINEDUC)
- Confirmation of funding for field work in home country
Selection will be done by an independent committee of German and Rwandan professors and will be strictly based on the quality of the applications.
For research contacts in Germany, please use the following search machines:
The deadline for the submission of applications is October 31, 2016
Direct your submission to:
MINEDUC- Rwanda Education Board,
Stadium Road, Remera,
P.O. BOX 3817, Kigali, Rwanda
Tel: +250-788424250, +250-78914804
Only complete applications will be considered.